The evaluation team invites people with disability, and their families and carers in the trial sites and those who may not yet be eligible or are outside of the current trial sites to take part in the evaluation.
We will be asking people to tell us about their experiences of disability supports, the NDIS and the impact that they are having on their lives.
This will help us build a picture about the introduction of the NDIS to make sure that it is implemented across Australia in the best way possible. Hearing what the people who are most affected have to say will help to guide the future development of the NDIS.
- NDIS Survey and NDIS Survey for Families and Carers: Between 2014 and 2017 we are undertaking a large scale survey of people with disability and a survey of families and carers. All survey participants will be asked to take part again in the survey in 2017.
- In-depth interviews with people who have joined the NDIS, and their family or carer: Interviews have been conducted in the trial sites of Tasmania, Barwon region of Victoria, the Hunter region in New South Wales, the Northern Territory, South Australia and the Australian Capital Territory.
- Older People Study: As part of the NDIS Evaluation we want to find out if the NDIS is making a difference to older people with disability. The main aim of the Older People Study is to understand what supports NDIS participants are getting compared to older people with disability who are not part of the NDIS.
- Participation in all surveys is entirely voluntary and will not adversely affect any disability supports that you may receive.
- Even if you have agreed to take part in one of our studies, you will also be free to withdraw from the study altogether or refuse to answer particular questions.
- Before you take part we will explain your rights and how we will protect your privacy and the confidentiality of your information.